Student Grievance CellJanuary 25, 2021 2021-01-25 13:15
Student Grievance Cell
Grievance Redressal Committee
As per UGC regulations, a Grievance Redressal Committee has been constituted for the purpose of redressal of grievances of the students and the staff.
Students’ Grievance Cell at the SU Level
In order to meet the increasing legitimate expectations of students and staff for better, faster and more effective service, the SU shall constantly endeavor to improve its service rules, standards and capabilities. The SU expects all its Officers and employees to maintain highest standards of integrity and transparency in their working conditions with students and staff.
The function of the Grievance cell is to look into the complaints lodged by any student, and judge its merit. The Grievance cell is also empowered to look into matters of harassment.
Anyone with a genuine grievance may approach the department members in person, or in consultation with the officer in–charge of the Students’ Grievance Cell. In case the person is unwilling to appear in self, grievances may be dropped in writing at the letterbox/ suggestion box of the Grievance Cell at Administrative Block. Grievances may also be registered online.
The objective of the Grievance Cell is to develop a responsive and accountable attitude among all the stakeholders in order to maintain a harmonious educational atmosphere in the institute. A Grievance Cell has been constituted for the redressal of the problems reported by the Students of the College with the following objectives:
- Upholding the dignity of the College by ensuring strife free atmosphere in the College through promoting cordial Student–Student relationship and Student–teacher relationship etc.
- Encouraging the Students to express their grievances / problems freely and frankly, without any fear of being victimized.
- Suggestion / complaint Box is installed in front of the Administrative Block in which the Students, who want to remain anonymous, put in writing their grievances and their suggestions for improving the Academics / Administration in the College.
- Advising Students of the College to respect the right and dignity of one another and show utmost restraint and patience whenever any occasion of rift arises.
- Advising All the Students to refrain from inciting Students against other Students, teachers and College administration.
- Advising all staffs to be affectionate to the Students and not behave in a vindictive manner towards any of them for any reason.
- Ragging in any form is strictly prohibited in and outside the institution. Any violation of ragging and disciplinary rules should be urgently brought to the notice of the Principal.
The cell will deal with Grievances received in writing from the students about any of the following matters:–
- Academic Matters: Related to timely issue of the duplicate mark–sheets, Transfer Certificates, Conduct Certificates, or other examination related matters.
- Financial Matters: Related to dues and payments for various items from the library, hostels, etc.
- Other Matters: Related to certain misgivings about conditions of sanitation, preparation of food, availability of transport, victimization by teachers, etc.
- The cases will be attended promptly on receipt of written grievances from the students.
- The cell formally will review all cases and will act accordingly as per the Management policy.
- The cell will give report to the authority about the cases attended to and the number of pending cases, if any, which require direction and guidance from the higher authorities.
Procedure for lodging complaint
- The students may feel free to put up a grievance in writing/or in the format available in the admin dept. and drop it in boxes.
- The Grievance Cell will act upon those cases which have been forwarded along with the necessary documents.
- The Grievance Cell will assure that the grievance has been properly solved in a stipulated time limit provided by the cell.
- Grievances may also be registered online
StruSUre of Grievances Redressal Committee at the SU Level
In accordance to the above the following are nominated as the members of the committee.
Grievance Redresal Committee StruSUre
Dr, Parshuram Dhaked
Dr. Jyoti Srivastava
Dr. Shalini Sharma
Dr. Rachna Mishra
Dr. Anshul Rajawat
Mr. Jaimin Joshi
Ms Kanchan Jagtap
Dr. Rajni Chowdhary
Ms Shraddha Pomal
Dr. Meenakshi Srivastava
Ms. Lisha Shibu
Member (Non Teaching Staff)
Ms. Juhi Kumari
Female Student Representative
Male Student Representative
This committee will submit its findings to the Registrar within 15 days from the receipt of the Grievance. All aggrieved students, staff members, parents and others may approach Grievance Redressal committee in the first instance.
Periodicity and Attendance at Meetings
- The Grievance Committee will meet as and when required. However, if necessary, it may meet more frequently at the instance of the Chairman or at the request of the other members to discuss the various issues received.
- At least three members of the Grievance Committee shall be present in a meeting.
- If a member of the Grievance Committee is connected with the grievance of the aggrieved individual, the concerned member of the Grievance Committee shall not participate in the deliberations regarding that individual’s case.
- If the aggrieved person happens to be a member of the Grievance Committee, then he/she shall not participate in the deliberations as a member of the Committee when his/her representation is being considered.