IQACJanuary 25, 2021 2021-06-24 11:20
Composition of the I.Q.A.C. Committee
The IQAC Committee of the University shall consist of the following members namely:
Part I- University Members
|1||Dr. M.M. Patel||Provost||Chairperson|
|2||Dr. Ashish Chaturvedi||Registrar I/C||Member Secretary|
|3||Dr. Parshuram Dhaked||Principal, CIEA||Coordinator|
|4||Dr. Jyoti Srivastava||Senior Faculty||Member|
|5||Dr. Vishal Gupta||Senior Faculty||Member|
|6||Dr. Manisha Chavda||Senior Faculty||Member|
|7||Dr. Rachna Mishra||Senior Faculty||Member|
|8||Dr. Mukta Agrawal||Senior Faculty||Member|
|9||Dr. Prachi Shah||Senior Faculty||Member|
|10||Dr. Anshul Rajawat||Senior Faculty||Member|
|11||Dr. Sahil Srivastav||Senior Faculty||Member|
|12||Dr. Shalini Sharma||Senior Faculty||Member|
|13||Dr. Meenakshi Shrivastava||Senior Faculty||Member|
|14||Ms. Deval||Senior Faculty||Member|
|15||Dr. Bincy Bose||Senior Faculty||Member|
|16||Mr. Jeet Dholakiya||Senior Faculty||Member|
|17||Ms. Kanchan||Senior Faculty||Member|
|18||Ms. Kanani Nirali||Asst. Librarian||Member|
|19||Prof. S.K. Upadhyay||External Educationist||Member|
|20||Dr. D. P. Negi||External Educationist||Member|
|21||Prof. M.M. Patel||External Educationist||Member|
|22||Mr. Hiren Vyas||Asst. Manager Admin||Member|
|23||Mr. Satvik Aghara||Student||Member|
|24||Ms. Asha Gamit||Alumni||Member|
Welcome to “Internal Quality Assurance Cell
The ongoing changes in higher education, in the wake of national educational reforms, legislative enactments, the UGC/MHRD directives and the challenges put forth by globalization, necessitate that the universities actively engage themselves in the development and implementation of quality benchmarks in all their key performance areas. Committed to sustain its top ranking position, the Sabarmati University has established the Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) to institutionalize the process of quality enhancement and sustenance in all the key areas of its delivery.
The IQAC is the nodal agency entrusted with the responsibility of ensuring total quality management by ushering in innovations leading to achieving excellence and adoption of intervention strategies for monitoring their successful implementation. Ever in quest for excellence, the IQAC functions to assure institutional accountability with probity to all the stakeholders, funding agencies in particular and society as a whole.
- To act as a nodal agency of the Institution for coordinating quality-enhancement activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices.
- To develop and apply standards and benchmarks for various academic and administrative activities of the institution.
- To ensure redressal of the interest of all stakeholders in higher education.
- Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance and functioning of the support struSUre and services.
- Ensuring timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative and financial tasks.
- Equitable access to and affordability of academic programs for various sections of society.
- Research sharing and networking with other institutions in India and abroad.
- The relevance and quality of academic and research programs.
- Acting as a nodal agency of the University for Coordinating quality-related Activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices.
- Arrangement for feedback response from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes.
- Dissemination of information on the various quality parameters of higher education.
- Documentation of the various programs/activities of the University, leading to quality improvement.
- In terms of UGC Regulation 2010, IQAC shall act as the Documentation and Record-Keeping Cell, including assistance in the development of the API criteria based Performance Based Appraisal System (PBAS) Performa using the indicative template separately developed by the UGC. In order to facilitate the process, all teachers shall submit the duly filled-in PBAS Performa to the IQAC annually.
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per guidelines and parameters of NAAC, to be submitted to NAAC.
- Act as a dynamic system for quality changes in Calorx Teacher’s University, Ahmedabad.
- Ensure enhancement and integration among the various activities of the institution and institutionalize good practices.
- Ensure internalization of the quality culture;
- Provide a sound basis for decision-making to improve institutional functioning;
Composition of the IQAC:-e IQAC-AC
The IQAC may be constituted in every institution under the chairmanship of the head of the institution with heads of important academic and administrative units and a few teachers and a few distinguished educationists/ representatives of local committees. The composition of the IQAC may be as follows:
- Chairperson: Head of the Institution
- A few senior administrative officers
- Three to eight teachers
- One or two members from the Management
- One/two nominees from local society
- One of the teachers as the coordinator of the IQAC.
The composition of the IQAC will depend on the size and complexity of the institution. It helps the colleges in planning and monitoring. IQAC also gives stakeholders or beneficiaries a cross-sectional participation in the institution’s quality enhancement activities. The guidelines given here are only indicative and will help the institutions for quality sustenance activities.
It is necessary for the members of the IQAC to shoulder the responsibilities of generating and promoting awareness in the institution and to devote time for working out the procedural details. While selecting these members several precautions need to be taken. A few of them are listed below:
- It is advisable to choose from various backgrounds who have earned respect for integrity and excellence in their teaching and research. Moreover, they should be aware of the ground realities of the institutional environment. They should be known for their commitment to improving the quality of teaching and learning.
- It would be appropriate to choose as (senior administrators) in charge of institutional services such as library, computer center, estate, student welfare, administration, academic tasks, examination, planning and development.
- The management representatives should be persons who are aware of the institution’s objectives, limitations and strengths and are committed to improvement. The local society representatives should be of high standing and should have made significant contributions to society, and, in particular, to education.
The Role of Coordinator
The coordinator of the IQAC plays a pre-eminent role in ensuring the effective functioning of all the members. The coordinator of the IQAC may be a senior person with expertise in quality aspects. She/he may be a full-time functionary or, to start with, she/he may be a senior academic /administrator entrusted with the IQAC as an additional responsibility. Secretarial assistance may be facilitated by the administration. It is preferable that the coordinator may have a sound knowledge about the computer, its various functions and usage for effective communication.