CIQAJanuary 25, 2021 2021-01-25 13:28
SU has established Centre for Internal Quality Assurance (CIQA) to conduct institutional compliances & quality audits and to promote, enhance and best-in-class quality assurance.
The objective of Centre for Internal Quality Assurance (CIQA) is to develop and put in place a comprehensive and dynamic internal quality assurance system to provide high quality programmes of higher education in the Open and Distance Learning mode. Its functions would inter alia include the following:-
- To maintain quality in the services provided to the learners.
- To ensure continuous improvement in the entire operations of the SU
- To identify the key areas in which the SU should maintain quality.
- To disseminate information on quality assurance.
- To devise mechanisms for interaction and obtaining feedback from various departments in SU
- To suggest to the authorities of the SU, measures for qualitative improvement.
- To ensure the implementation of its recommendations through regular monitoring.
- To ensure participation of all stakeholders namely, learners, teachers, staff, parents, society, employers, and Government in quality improvement processes.
- To prepare Programme Project Report and ensure another launch of programme(s).
- Collection, collation and dissemination of accurate, complete and reliable statistics about the quality of the programme(s).
Contact: Centre for Internal Quality Assurance (CIQA), Director of Distance Education, CALORX TEACHERS’ UNIVERSITY, Greenwood, Near Vaishnodevi Circle, S.P. Ring Road, Ognaj,
To fulfil the above objectives the Centre for Internal Quality Assurance, shall –
- Prepare a Programme Project Report for each programme according to the norms and guidelines prescribed by the Commission and wherever necessary by the appropriate regulatory authority having control over the programme;
- Get the Programme Project Report approved by the appropriate authority of the SU and the Commission before launch of the programme;
- Oversee the development of Study Learning Material (SLM), integration of Information and Communication Technology (ICT), setting up of Learning Centres and coordination with the parent institution and relevant Regulatory authorities;
- Put in place monitoring mechanism to ensure the proper implementation of Programme Project Reports; design annual plans for quality level enhancement at the level of the SU and ensure their implementation;
- Arrange for feedback responses from students, employers and other stakeholders for quality related institutional processes;
- Develop quality benchmarks or parameters for the various academic and administrative activities of the SU;
- Obtain information from other Higher Educational Institutions on various quality benchmarks or parameters and best practices;
- Organise workshops or seminars on quality related themes and Higher Educational Institution wise dissemination of the proceedings of such activities;
- Suggest restruSUring of programmes in order to make them relevant to the job market;
- Develop and implement innovative practices in major areas leading to quality enhancement in services to the learners;
- Create learner centric environment rather than institution centric environment;
- Cultivate creativity and innovation in the faculty and staff;
- Adopt measures to ensure internalisation and institutionalisation of quality enhancement practices through periodic accreditation and audit;
- Conduct or encourage system based research to bring about qualitative change in the entire system;
- Coordinate between the SU and the Commission for various quality related issues or guidelines;
- Record activities undertaken on quality assurance in the form of an annual report; and to coordinate recognition and accreditation of SU
- Submit Annual Reports to its Statutory Authorities or Bodies about the activities undertaken by Centre for Internal Quality Assurance during the financial year.
The functions of the CIQA are:
- Decide policies for programme development methodology and programme delivery mechanism that are aligned with the vision and mission of SU;
- Advice on any issues related to programme development, Information and Communication Technology intervention and implementation, learning and teaching, collaboration referred to the Committee;
- Supervise academic approval and related modification procedures and to ensure that programmes satisfy stated design requirements and academic standards appropriate to the type and level of award as per philosophy of the Open and Distance Learning mode of education;
- Promote automation of academic and administrative activities of SU, Regional Centres and Study Centres or Learning Support Centres;
- Oversee and report on the effectiveness of systems for self-evaluation and monitoring;
- Appoint external subject experts or agencies or organisations for validation and annual review of its in-house process, its Learner Support Centres, Open and Distance Learning mode programmes etc.;
- Appoint third party auditing bodies for quality audit of programme(s);
- Approval of Self-Appraisal Report to be submitted to the Assessment and Accreditation agencies on behalf of SU;
- Promote collaboration and association for quality enhancement of Open and Distance Learning mode of education and research therein; and
- Encourage industrial involvement and industry-institution linkage for providing exposure to the learners.